Saturday, June 6, 2009

We're Here!


Peder, Marissa, Brian & Me



For those of you unfamiliar with a Young Life assignment team, allow me to introduce you to our team. I am sure that updates will include their names and ways to pray for them.

Camp Manager: Rich Ward (wife: Amy, kids: Ty & Tate)
Speaker: Nate Emhoff (wife: Amy, kids: Grace & Issac)
Program Team: Jed Morris, Andy Gadach & Kelli Thiederman
Head Leaders: Peder Brakke, Marissa Hunsberger, Brian Boucher (wife: Caron) and myself
Work Crew Coordinator: Keith Dow (wife: Jenny)
Work Crew Bosses: Dave Affman, Felipe Contrerras (new wife: Kelly), Katie Wright, Lindsey Frey
Summer Staff Coordinators: Bill Dooley (wife: Carmen, kids: Jaden & Conor)


We arrived yesterday by water taxi and had most of the day to move in to the new assignment team lodge, Kanata. Kanata is incredible and a huge blessing in creating community amongst the assignment team. After a few meetings and all camp worship, we called it a night. I did sleep well last night (mostly because I didn't sleep @ all the night prior).

This morning I realized as I squeezed what I thought was my shampoo into my hand in the shower, that I had apparently packed two bottles of conditioner. So I have no shampoo...luckily we have adult guests coming up tomorrow from our area.

Today you can pray for our team as we meet and nail down the final details, for the work crew and summer staff as they learn their jobs and for unity throughout camp.

2 comments:

  1. Two conditioners...tee hee hee...was it Aussie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I believe about shampoo and conditioner... :)

    ReplyDelete