Friday, May 6, 2011

it's the small things

I am very much a details girl.  In clothing, I find great delight in detailed stitching, seaming or design.  In food, it's presentation, flavor infusions and garnishes that catch my attention.  I like the big picture too, but I find that I love to focus on the details of the big picture, arrange and coordinate them to create a functional bigger picture.

I left camp on Thursday for a last trip to Bellingham to gather the last of my belongings.  Taking advantage of my time here, I was able to squeeze in a haircut (that's another post of it's own-I LOVE getting my hair cut!), errands, time with friends and hopefully a manicure and pedicure.

While at Trader Joe's, I discovered goat's milk gouda cheese.  I have a dairy and gluten allergy, so enjoying snacks like cheese and crackers has not happened for me for the last 5 years.  This afternoon I am working on my computer, listening to lovely music, thankful for a super cute haircut and LOVING me some goat gouda.

It's the small things that make me happy.  I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment